GDPR and Data Protection Info
Verity Pettit, 35 Gordon Road, Shepperton, Middx, TW17 8JY.
Email email@example.com. Telephone 07801881910.
Chess Mates Chess Club provides extra-curricular lunchtime and after school chess activities in primary school settings.
We obtain, store and use information about you when you contact us online or by email or text or phone, responding perhaps to a flyer advertising a chess club, or just getting in touch to enquire about chess provision. Your details are then noted and recorded.
- Information we may collect: your name, your child’s name, your email address(es), your telephone number(s) for contact in case of need, your child’s school class and year group, your child’s additional needs that are relevant to a lunchtime or after school club setting.
- How we use your information: for administrative purposes, to contact you, to create current term chess club registers, to notify you of chess club opportunities each new term.
- Disclosure of your information to third parties: only to the extent necessary to run a chess club in a school setting. The chess club register is made available to school staff for their information needs. Email addresses, phone numbers, and additional needs data is not shared. Only child name, class and attendance on the chess register for the term is shared with the school. Email addresses and any other data is never shared with other parents of club children. All emails sent to a chess club group are blind copied so that data is hidden.
- How long we retain your information: for up to the four year period in which your child is present at the junior school. Once they leave junior school, the chess club records are moved to archive filing, and are shredded periodically.
- How we secure your information: we keep personal data in locked dedicated cabinets at our home office address at 35 Gordon Rd, Shepperton, TW17 8JY. We have password protection on the business laptop and phone. We only hold the minimum data needed to provide the chess club service. We ensure that staff and volunteers have training in appropriate data protection awareness and only have access to information they need to do their job. Data provided by you online is encrypted prior to being transmitted, using an industry standard secure certificate.
- Use of photographs and social media: We never take photos unless specific permission is obtained at each time. For example, for a chess tournament event. Occasionally, the school may take photos of a chess activity, and these photos are taken under the permissions held by the school rather than by Chess Mates. Chess Mates chess club does not engage with or use social media such as Facebook or Twitter.
Your rights in relation to your information
- to have your information corrected and/or completed
- to have your information deleted
- to restrict the use of your information
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your information
Our legal basis for processing your data: Legitimate interest. Consent: (Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation). Responding to enquiries, keeping records necessary to provide chess club services, notifying chess activities available within a term and opportunities for next term.